Sunday, May 1, 2011

Birthday Fun

<


We have two birthdays in April: Shad's and Ethan's. Shad turned 36 this year. He has been addicted to the show "Top Gear", so the kids decided we should do something with a car, for his cake. We were able to get a picture of the cake on his birthday, but the birthday boy refused (what's new). Be sure to click on the pictures to see them in all their greatness, or just great BIGness!!




Ethan's birthday was a crazy day. He skipped school to come birthday shopping with me. He found a RipStik that he wanted for his big gift. I had bought him some new shirts that he desperately needed as a surprise (Thanks to my mother for teaching me to buy practical). On the way out of the store he wanted to try the crane game- you know, the waste of money for crappy stuffed animals, Game. I showed him which ones he could try for (I was pretty good at that game when I was younger). He got the first one he tried for...Superman. Ethan said that this is the first time that Superman had ever needed rescued. Also, Ethan was super stud-ly to save him like that. We got Subway for lunch that he shared with superman, and then...dun dun dun- I took him to the dentist to get his cavity filled. I realized that I should not derive so much pleasure from him having to go to the dentist on his birthday, but I did! Later that evening the girls got to go to a birthday party for Valentina, their Venezuelan friend from church, while Ethan went to his "job" for a couple of hours. By the time we got home it was too late to start his special dinner of crepes and berry sauce. We ended up going to Wingers at 7:30 at night. They gave him a birthday slice of Asphalt Pie to take home. We put candles in it and sang 'Happy Birthday'. He had his special dinner the next night-talk about spoiled and making your birthday last...Happy 13th Ethan!!! Please be a good teenager!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment