Sunday, May 1, 2011

Easter treats





I saw a cute idea for spring treats! Rice crispy treats in the shape of a nest. We used a peep sitting in the middle to look like the bird, and jelly beans for the eggs. The kids had fun shaping the rice crispies and choosing their color of peep. Larkin had her peep ate before it made it to the nest, so I gave her another that she bit the head off before I could get the camera ready. Logan ate his peep and refused to eat the jelly beans. He brought it with him to go deliver a few treats around the neighborhood. When we got back he put his bowl/nest in the tree in the front yard. I wonder if he thought the jelly beans would hatch into peeps? Braden gave his treat to his Sunday School teacher, and Morgan and Brooklynn gave one to Sylvia, the 90 year old widow in the ward. I think we will do this again next year-but with Cadbury Mini eggs in the nest-mmmmm!! Happy Spring!!

No comments:

Post a Comment